Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
5E classes for Mystaraby Håvard
Barbarian: Barbarians could be from any of the less civilized lands, including Atruaghin, the Northern Reaches, Heldann, Davania etc.
Bard: Music and storytellers fit just about anywhere. The Halflings of the Five Shires and the desert folk of Ylaruam are especially known for their bards.
- Path of the Berserker: Berserkers could hail from any barbarian realm, but seem best at home in the Northern Reaches.
- Path of the Totem Warrior: Totem Warriors feel like they fit best in Atruaghin and among the Hinterlanders.
Cleric: Clerics can be found in all lands, although in Glantri they must keep their profession secret or risk being burned on the stake. If the campaign is set in the post-WotI era this practice may no longer be in force.
- College of Lore: These could fit about anywhere.
- College of Valor: These could be an ideal fit for Northern Reaches Skalds.
Druid: Druids can be found anywhere, though Alfheim, the Isle of Dawn, Robrenn and the White Isle of Ierendi are the best known homes for Druids.
Fighter: Fighters are found anywhere. Karameikos,
- Circle of Land: This is the most common type of druid.
- Arctic: Norwold and Hyperborea
- Coast: Dread Coast, Ierendi's White Isle
- Desert: Ylaruam. These Desert Druids are sometimes called Dervishes.
- Forest: Alfheim, Robrenn
- Grassland: Ethengar
- Mountain: Altan Tepes (Darokin), Black Peaks (Karameikos), Rockhome
- Swamp: Malpheggi
- Underdark: Shadowelf Caverns and the Shadowdeep
- Circle of the Moon: A good model for Atruaghin Shamans?
Monk: The main centers of Monks are Sind, Ochaela and Lhamsa (Glantri). Mystara's monks are known as Mystics.
- Battle Master:
- Eldritch Knight: A good model for Mystara's elves and foresters?
- Way of the Open Hand
- Way of Shadow
- Way of the Four Elements
Ranger: Good for elves, Atruaghin Warriors and Ethengar Horse Lords.
- Oath of Devotion
- Oath of the Ancients: A good fit for Robrenn's Druidic knights perhaps?
- Oath of Vengance
Rogue. Rogues are found in most realms, though Darokin and Thyatis are good homes for Rogues.
- Beast Master
Sorcerer: Glantri and Alphatia are ideal homes for Sorcerers. The Wise Women of the Northern Reaches are Sorcerers.
- Assassin: The Brataks of Ethengar could perhaps use this model.
- Arcane Trickster:
Warlock: Glantri and Alphatia are ideal homes for Warlocks.
- Draconic Bloodline:
- Wild Magic
Wizard: Glantri and Alphatia are great homes for Wizards. Although 5E has many types of Arcane casters, the majority of Mystara's Arcane types will be Wizards.
- Pact of the Archfey: Possible Patrons are Oberon and Titania
- Pact of The Fiend: Any Entropic Immortal would be a possible patron (Alphaks, Atzanteotl, Thanatos, Hel)
- Pact of the Great Old One: These made a pact with a power from the Dimension of Nightmares. Zargon is mentioned in the PHB.
Wizards, Sorcerers and Warlocks are considered nobility in Glantri.
Wizards, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Druids and Clerics are considered nobility in Alphatia
Bards, Eltritch Knights, Paladrins, Rangers, Arcane Tricksters and Monks are considered Gentry in Alphatia.
Non-Spellcasters are second-class citizens in Alphatia.
Spellcasters, other than Clerics are viewed with suspicion in the Northern Reaches.