Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Structure of Loktal's megadungeonby Giampaolo Agosta
Here is an updated version of Loktal's megadungeon structure, this time divided in three large areas (the Mines, Vault and Shadowdeep).
I've added the new levels and sublevels.
- The Deep Mine
- Orcish (or Gnollish) mine
- Medusa lair
- Haunted dwarven Mine & City
- Kopru territory (a branch south of the main complex)
- Small dragon lair (a branch of the main complex, near the surface; it allows an exit, but entry should be extremely difficult for non-flyers)
- Loktal's Vault
- Main floor, of dwarven construction, with traps and guardians (golems or other constructs)
- Taymoran tomb-prison + shrine of Nyx or Thanatos (may be used to access the Blackmoorian cache bypassing some of the traps/guardians, but has hazards of its own)
- Blackmoorian cache, with radiation hazards
- The Shadowdeep
- Intua Outpost (abandoned), maybe occupied in part by some subterranean monster (Beholder or something escaped from the Great Glaurant control) or OB servitor
- Deep Glaurant City
- Great Glaurant's "Tower" & Gate to Elemental Earth
- Shadow Elven Territories (Syphal Drills)
- Gate to the Dark Shire
Here is a crude draft of a possible organization of the megadungeon, as a cross-section of the mountain.