Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
CM1/M2 Norwold, 24 miles per hexby Thorfinn Tait
Combined Replica of CM1/M2’s Norwold with original hex art, 24 miles per hex by Thorf, March 2005 and March 2013, last updated January 2016; Combined Replica of CM1/M2’s Norwold, 24 miles per hex by Thorf, March 2005.
Since there are a plethora of Norwold maps, all depicting the same area but each expanding on the terrain in slightly different ways, I have elected to create a combined replica from all relevant sources rather than separate replicas of each.
Although the original maps were rather devoid of detail, in fact the text of CM1 provided extensive notes on the terrain in each area of the map, from which it was possible to develop a far more complete map. Some fans of course have done just that.
- CM1 Test of the Warlords (1984) (PDF at DriveThruRPG)
- Player’s Map: Norwold, 24 mile per map on the inside cover
- DM Map 2: Norwold, 24 mile per map on page 5
- M2 Vengeance of Alphaks (1986)
- MAP V: Norwold, 24 mile per hex map on the inside cover
- MAP I: Players’ Map: Norwold, 24 mile per hex map on the cover’s gatefold
About Replica Maps
Unlike Updated maps, Replica maps are exact (or sometimes colourised) replicas of primary source maps. These source maps form the main source material of the Atlas of Mystara, from which all of the updated maps are made. Put simply:
- Replica maps present the world of Mystara as the original source materials depict it, warts and all. No attempt has been made to fix errors of any kind — even typos. Replica maps are always marked as such on this site.
- Updated maps present the Atlas of Mystara‘s consistent view of the world, with all errors, alignment issues, and so on fixed. Anything not marked as a replica map is an updated map.